7 Reasons to Visit Poland For a Family Holiday
Poland is located in central Europe and is the sixth largest economy of the European Union. It is a developed country and also ranks quite high on the Human Development Index. It may not yet feature high on the tourism map but you can definitely consider a family holiday in Poland for your next vacation because of the following reasons:
As per the UL Safety Index, Poland has a ranking that is above 80 on safety. The scoring is done on a scale of 0 to 100, with 100 as the highest score. This means that the country is doing exceptionally good in terms of socio-economic forces, making it safe and secure for a good family holiday.
Presence of a number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites
One reason to consider vacationing inPoland with children is the presence of 16 UNESCO World Heritage Sites of which 15 are manmade and 1 is natural. The sites are:
- Auschwitz-Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp that served as a death camp during World War II.
- Castle of the Teutonic Order,located in Malbork, is one of the largest in the world in terms of the land area.
- The Bialowieza Forest is the only natural Heritage site. It is considered to be one of the only remaining primeval forests in Europe.
- People’s Hall or the Centennial Hall in Wroclaw is a piece of architectural delight.
- The Churches of Peace in Jawor And Swidnica, made from wood and straw, are rich cultural sites.
- The other sites are the Historic Centre of Krakow, Historic Centre of Warsaw, Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, the Medieval town of Torun; Muskauer Park, the Old City of Zamosc, Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines, Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine, Wooden Churches of Southern Lesser Poland, Tarnowskie Gory Lead-Silver-Zinc Mine and the Underground Water Management System, and the Krzemionki Prehistoric Striped Flint Mining region on the Swietokrzyskie Mountains.
Besides these cities, you must consider visiting Poland with children because of the picturesque views of the mountains that offer skiing options and the amazing beaches along the northern coast of Poland.